Monday, August 14, 2006
MAD Won't Stop IranTuesday, August 8, 2006.
Bernard Lewis: M.A.D. won’t stop the Iranian from using the bomb.
- Bernard Lewis, The Wall Street Journal argued that Iran's apocalyptic leaders do not fear killing Palestinians in a nuclear attack on Israel nor do they fear an Israeli nuclear counter attack on Iran because in both cases the Muslim dead will be accepted by Allah into heaven. A must read.
- Iran Press News reported that Iranian student leader, Ahmad Batebi is now being detained and if new charges are not leveled against him, he will only have to complete the nine years remaining on his original prison sentence in Evin prison.
- The Guardian reported that Manouchehr Mottaki, Iran's foreign minister, said Tony Blair and George Bush are "co-defendants" in war crimes committed by Israel in Lebanon and should be made to answer for their actions before an international court.
- Richard Beeston, The Times Online reported that Iran threatened to block oil exports to the West if sanctions are imposed.
- Amir Taheri, The Times Online considered what Lebanon and the Middle East will look like if Hezbollah (and Iran) wins its war with Israel.
- Amir Taheri, The New York Post explained ways to achieve a real Lebanese peace.
- Daniel Schwammenthal, The Wall Street Journal examined the most recent evidence of European blindness to Hezbollah's terrorism.
Iran Press News reported that a brother of the State Inspector general of the Islamic Republic of Iran was arrested for being a heroin smuggler.
- Iran Press News reported that Alijanzadeh, the governor of Ghaem-shahr said 20,000 workers lose their jobs in the Iranian province of Mazandaran.
- Iran Press News reported that two young men, Ali Ramezani and Ebrahim Karimi were arrested and charged with “being in contact with Kurdish political parties”.
- BBC News reported that the Israeli army has released a video showing a Hezbollah fighter admitting to taking part in a raid on Israel and undergoing training in Iran.
I would also like to thank Doctor Zin and his team for their tireless search for truth behind the 'wall of silence.' Without their help, we would never know what is happening inside Iran. Thank you.
Category: The Daily Briefing on Iran.