Monday, August 07, 2006
Iran to murder political prisoners if UN sanctions Iran
Thursday, August 3, 2006.
Iranian leaders threaten to kill its political prisoners if UNSC acts against Iran.
- Iran Press News reported that the Islamic Republic has now specifically announced that should their nuclear dossier be voted for referral by the United Nations Security all political prisoners, whether on furlough or in prison, will be summarily executed.
- Iran Press News reported that Hezbollah executes 18 Lebanese Christians & Druze for exposing Hezbollah hideouts.
- Reuters reported that Iran has freed, Saad bin Laden, a son of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden sending him to the Syria-Lebanon border and the task of building Islamist terror cells and preparing them to fight together with Hezbollah.
- Amir Taheri, Gulf News looked at past cease fires in Lebanon and reasons why creating one between Hezbollah and Israel is full of dangers.
- Yahoo News reported that the United States harshly condemned what it called Iran's "severe repression of dissidents" following the death of a jailed student activist, Akbar Mohammadi.
- Kamran Beig reported that Friday Congress will consider commemorating the 1906 Constitutional Revolution in Iran.
- Amir Taheri, The Times Online reported that all the wars in the Middle East of the past century revolved around secular issues and none had a messianic dimension, until now.
Category: The Daily Briefing on Iran.