Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Iran preparing for war with Israel
Monday, July 31, 2006.
Iran preparing its people for war with Israel.
- Ottawa Citizen reported that a former Canadian Secret Intelligence Service informant says the Iranian regime is "mentally and spiritually" preparing its people for war against Israel.
- Yahoo News reported that Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei feted Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah as the "people's favorite person all over the world."
- FOX News reported that Iranian state radio said Saturday that the government would reject a proposed U.N. resolution that would give it until Aug. 31 to suspend uranium enrichment or face the threat of international sanctions.
- The New York Times reported that while these should be heady days for Iran’s leaders, Iranian officials cannot seem to decide whether Iran will emerge stronger — or unexpectedly weakened.
- Kianoosh Sanjari reported that student leader Ahmad Batebi, was arrested in front of his home in Tehran by plain clothes secret service agents of the Ministry of Intelligence and Security of the Islamic Republic of Iran. He was arrested in 1999 because of the humiliation the regime felt after this young man's photo appears on the cover of the Economist and has become a symbol of the Iranian student movement. Photo.
- Iran Press News provided more details on the secret meeting of the axis of terror in Damascus where Hassan Nasrollah, Bashar al-Asad and Ali Larijani planned strategy.
- The Jerusalem Post reported that Hezbollah’s top commander in southern Lebanon is a veteran Fatah operative who was very close to former Palestinian Authority leader Yasser Arafat, Imad Mughniyeh.
Here are a few other news items you may have missed.
- Dan Darling, The Weekly Standard reported that US intelligence has again been caught off guard by the sophisticated weapons being deployed by our enemies, this time in Lebanon.
- The Washington Post reported that Iranian President Ahmadinejad issued a decree to remove foreign words from the Iranian language.
- Radio Free Europe published an interview with Iranian dissident Akbar Ganji.
- Iran Press News reported that an Iranian woman, Shamameh (Malak) Ghorbani, has been sentenced to execution through stoning. Human rights groups have begun a campaign to save her life. Photo.
If you would like to view the entire list of articles, please click on the day of the week. Thank you, and have a good day.
Category: Iran and Israel.