Monday, August 14, 2006
Dead Bodies in Lebanon Prove Iranian InvolvementFriday, August 11, 2006.
Iran caught dead-handed.
- New York Post reported that despite Iranian denials that Iranian are involved in the fighting in Lebanon, the bodies of members of Iran's Revolutionary Guard were found among Hezbollah fighters killed by Israeli forces.
- Chicago Tribune reported that Lebanese Druze leader Walid Jumblatt has emerged as a lone voice of dissent amid the clamor of pro-Hezbollah cheerleading. "If I were opportunistic, I would tell you now, `Long live Nasrallah.' I am not going to tell you that."
- Rooz Online reported on a speech in Iran by Mohammad Mohsen, a fighter from Lebanese Hezbollah who discussed the role of Iran in helping them realize "that we have to equip ourselves with faith,” that Khomeini told them to "go and fight Israel. It is OK if you die."
- Strategy Page reported that for the third time in the last two years, Lebanese based terrorist group Hezbollah flew an Iranian UAV into Israel. This time Israeli F-16s caught the UAV some ten kilometers off the coast, and shot it down.
Time Magazine reported that Akbar Ganji went to Hollywood to gain support for his "reformist movement" where Ganji said: "The U.S. has to stop its one-sided support of Israel."
Iranian regime killing the "stars of the opposition."
- Bridget Johnson, World Politics Watch reported on how Iran's regime is attempting to snuff out the stars of the Iranian opposition, with an update on Ahmad Batebi. Photo.
- The Hill reported that momentum is building for Iran Freedom and Support Act. sanctions Bill. Contact your Senators and ask for their support of the Iran Freedom Act.
- Yahoo News reported that Israeli Deputy Prime Minister Shimon Peres has urged the international community to prevent Iran from imposing a "religious empire" across the Middle East.
- Iranian.ws reported that China is pursuing a troubling, tricky alliance with radical, rightwing Islam, or Islamism, despite concerns about its own restive Muslim population.
- Cox & Forkum published a cartoon: Mullah Justice.
I would like to thank Doctor Zin and his wonderful team for all of their work in bringing us the news. Iran is a closed society, so the news is very hard and dangerous to aquire. Thank for going beyond the 'wall of silence' to bring us this news.
Category: The Daily Briefing on Iran.