Monday, June 19, 2006
Saturday, June 17, 2006.
Ahmadinejad again calls for an independent investigation of the Holocaust.
- Yahoo News reported that Iran's president said that the six-nation incentive package aimed at getting his country to halt uranium enrichment was a "step forward" but also repeated assertions that the Nazi Holocaust was unproven, saying it should be independently investigated.
- Khaleej Times Online reported British Prime Minister Tony Blair sees no need for an inquiry into the Holocaust.
- Yahoo News reported that while US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Iran had made "positive statements" about Western proposals to resolve a row over its nuclear program, but she also added "we need an answer" from Tehran.
- RIA Novosti reported that Russia's foreign minister Lavrov said he expects an answer from Iran on starting talks to resolve the crisis around its nuclear program in the near future.
- Amir Taheri, The New York Post reported on the new power struggle inside of Iran and how Ahmadinejad's faction is pushing for Armageddon.
- Michael Ledeen, The National Review Online suggested we should be careful not to be deceived by the recent Al Qaeda document found in Iraq.
- Akhbaremovasagh.blogfa.com reported that last month, elements of the intelligence services of Iranian regime abducted the seventeen year-old Shima, the daughter of Koorosh Ahmadi, a political activist in Iran.
- Asia Times argued that the Western crisis with Iran is put part of a larger struggle taking place: a tripolar contest among the United States, Russia and China for domination of the greater Persian Gulf.
- Amir Taheri, Asharq Alawsat published a book review of - Islamic Imperialism: A History. He reports it is a must read.
- Photo of an interesting Iranian protest in Paris.